Friday, March 24, 2006

Ahhh

A slight lull in the end-of-term madness and it feels really good. I caught up on my sleep last night and am (almost) ready to jump back into all the things on my to-do list.

Wednesday was Awards Night - the Poli-Sci Society won Society of the Year and I got the C-Store Manager's Award. That was really nice because I've felt a lot of frustration lately over things that have been happening in the store and it's caused me to worry that maybe I'm becoming one of those nutso type-A personalities and will die of a heart attack at 35 from self-induced stressed.

The night was Greek-themed, although they didn't serve Briam like Matt told me they were going to. Unless the caterers thought that that unusual steamed julienne-vegetable thing was briam. It was good, but definitely not Greek food as I know it. Then they brought out the desserts and there was baklava. I cheated and had 3 pieces - justified it because not many people had any, they ate the strawberry shortcake and chocolate mousse instead. Uncultured, tell ya. Most didn't know what it was...and I couldn't let it go to waste...baklava is my kryptonite, my favorte food ever. It tastes like sex - there's just no other way to describe it! Yummy.

I had to leave the awards ceremony early to finish my Social Policy paper - it ended up taking until 4 in the morning. I got 3 hours of sleep because I had to open the store at 8 yesterday. And it was a long day - not least because somebody dug through the staff food in the back of the bottom shelf of the milk fridge and took my soy milk and some staff member foolishly sold it to them even though we don't sell that brand at the store. Annoyed is an understatement. So after work I finished up some last-minute assignments, went to class from 3-7 then had a group meeting that went way longer than it should have. I finally left campus around 8:30 and headed over to Adam's where I promptly fell asleep while he played his silly computer game (Thursday night is WoW raid night).

Finally well-rested, I have lots of cooking and cleaning and other domestic-goddess-like things to do. Anything's better than more research papers at this point...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better, and thanks for sharing my nerdiness with the world =\

SassyTortuga said...

Oh come on, the world doesn't read this. You seem to think I'm more popular than I am! Rather, I am simply adored by a small group of people.

Besides, around here it's cool to be nerdy :D

SassyTortuga said...

I'm ok with him being a nerd. It's him who gets embarassed about it...

See Adam? Everyone here is geeky. It's what all the cool kids are doing!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the awards, and on scoring the baklava!

At least I am not a nerd. I mean it's not like I look at multimedia sites' sourcecode to discover what the video's actual address is and then paste the URL into my media player to rip the song with one programme and edit it with another to end up with a homemmade mp3 that I can use as background music in my own music video filmed with my camera. I mean really, what kind of crazy geek would do that?

So sex is like baklava? I had no idea it would have that texture...

SassyTortuga said...

Matthew, you are my (non-)nerdy hero.

Anonymous said...

Azjol-Nerub

And since i suppose there's no point in hiding my nerdiness, this is me

http://ctprofiles.net/208980