Monday, May 14, 2007

Do you feel pretty?

For all the harping I do about excessive consumption, I'm addicted to Gala Darling and her fabulous dressing-up blog. I guess we're both just trying to make the world a more beautiful place, in our own ways. Plus, you have to dig that she's all about finding your personal style and using it to enhance - not define - your life (which should be satisfying in and of itself).

I'm inspired to see what I can create with the items I already own, and maybe a few vintage finds for good measure. Oh, and maybe something from Maha Devi because I could easily spend upwards of $500 on their hemp-and-bamboo, LOTR-inspired fantasy designs and yogawear. At heart, I'm really just a geek and a girly-girl.

If there's any interest in seeing it, I might finally figure out how to use my camera and take some photos!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya know we still need to go do that frenchies-a-thon. That might help quell your desire to buy online shipped goods.

We could always see if your mom wanted to go too, i think you said you two used to go to all of them on a sunday or something didn't you?

SassyTortuga said...

Oh believe me, I've already brought it up. We used to spend most of her vacation weeks going from the beach to Frenchy's and then back to the beach. (Now I REALLY want it to be summer).

Problem is, FABULOUS as Frency's is...I've never found hemp armwarmers there!

Anonymous said...

I took a quick look at the Gala Darling site- It did not give me an urge to dress up as a deadly dame from the 1930s, but I thought the photography was very well-done. All of my recent pictures have been of flowers, but fashion photography might be a nice change. You should definitely come out with your own pics- Be they of film noir clothes or something more uniquely 'you'. I also did a quick scan of the Maha Devi site, and now that my mouth is watering at their snazzy styles, I am beginning to think that you should stop linking to such interesting sites...
;-P

Unknown said...

Yeah, the photography is awesome. Black and white is just so trendy nowadays.