Sunday, May 17, 2009

Need a kick in the pants?





Excuse the BSG montage. I just had a jarring (in a good way) iTunes moment and I wanted to share.

All year it's felt like the world has been repeatedly hitting me upside the head, trying to stir me from my complacence. Maybe I should forget about the job applications that don't really excite me, and if I don't get anything cool just buy a share of a farm and somehow prove the naysayers wrong by building a thriving business selling $17 balls of alpaca yarn to dilettante knitters who don't care about the recession. I have a plan, see. I'm going to buck the ridiculous trend of selling yarn in hanks, which all the local producers seem to think is a great idea. But since we don't all own one of those machines that turn hanks into centre-pull balls. I figure saving my customers the agony of winding it by hand would win me a cult following. Centre-pull marketing. I'm telling you baby, if Wal-Mart brands can do it, the high-enders should, too. All I'm saying. Business plan.

No comments: