Thursday, November 10, 2005

What about the voice of Geddy Lee? How did it get so high?

There's a tribute to The Pixies and Pavement at the Attic tonight. Which is awesome, I love Pavement and I wish I could go. But it seems to me a very odd thing to do a tribute to bands that so many people have never heard of. Tributes are usually for legends: Pink Floyd, Zepelin, the Stones...and the Pixies and Pavement? Oh well it's cool.

So I presented my funding proposal to Society Affairs today and they're generously provinding nearly a third of the funding for twelve of us to go to Montreal to do Poli-Sci nerdy things and be all chill in Montreal. And that'll be awesome because our first night there is TOTALLY by birthday. So having that over with and that funding secured is a huge weight off a lot of our backs. Now I can focus some more on essays (mountains of 'em) and, more immediately, FANTOGA!!!!

If anybody has ideas about a possibility for a prize for the best toga, please let me know. I'm trying to think of something iexpensive, fun, toga-related and not made by little children in Bangladesh.

And of course, I expect everyone to be at the party in your best sheets!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

But little children in Bangladesh do such good work!

Julie said...

i wanna fantoga!!

sounds kinda austinpowers-esque. anyway have so much fun. i'll see you at christmas?

SassyTortuga said...

Totally at Christmas!

...maybe. I'm heading to Maine on an as-yet-unknown date.

When are you getting back?

Julie said...

14th. nice and (relatively) early!