Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Where's the quidditch?!

Mmm, mindless blogging after a long night of the 5-page essay from Hades...

So I was researching SDS (Students for a Democratic Society, a totally bid student movement organization in the 60s) and somewhere, somebody mentioned the Free University Movement. We have a Free School in Halifax but the time and location are inconvenient and I never have any idea what's going on, or when. But at Williams College they have Free University during their Winter Study (the extra mini-semester between Fall and Spring Semester - basically, for the month of January they do an independednt study or whatever floats their boat).

So people who know about fun stuff like astrology or skateboarding or UFOs or stickin' it to the Man put on free courses and you can sign up for them and learn about fun stuff. For free. I think the people teaching the courses get credit for them or something, but Keith showed me the listing of courses when I was down there last winter and the idea of it just rocked my world. I don't have time to push for it at the Mount but maybe that'sll be my project in law school (haha like I'll have time for anything then).

Know what else rocks this girl's world? The worl "loquatious." Hermione Granger is my hero. And the people who produced The Goblet of Fire would also be my heroes IF they had tacked 3 more minutes onto the running time of the movie to actually insert jsut a little bit of quidditch into the QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP SCENE. Because without seeing Viktor Krum actually play, I found it very difficult to buy everybody's fascination with him. Just because a character SAYS that he's cool doesn't make it so. Show me the damn quidditch!!!

No comments: