Monday, October 09, 2006

Shhhhhhh

As usual, apologies for the infrequent posting. If anything it's only going to get worse over the next few weeks. The reason is that I'll be trying a grand experiment: actually listening to myself and giving preference to what I want rather than what everyone else wants of me. It's been a long time without stillness, a long time without hearing my own voice. The end of the LSAT has somehow not made me feel any different, except possibly more stressed because I now have a pile of to-do's that I had put off before it.

So, if you happen to call and the cell phone is off, or if you feel like complaining that I haven't been sending you random emails (Trainee!) or keeping you blogally updated (Keith!), this is why. It probably just means that I'm doing yoga in the forest, eating twigs and/or leaves, vaccuuming, watching House, hiking, making cookies while in a zen trance-like state, etc. Then smile and know that somewhere out there is a blissed-out Hipster who will soon be back to tell all about her zany non-adventures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Alex...time for yourself is very important for your sanity. I learned this after spending far too much time doing what everyone expected of me rather than what I needed to do for myself. If ever you need some quiet time, I shall hide in my room and read school stuff.

Anonymous said...

Wheehee for watching House!

Me said...

Just do, don't say. Just be, don't stray.