Sunday, October 29, 2006

The first to fall asleep at the party

That's right, I'm the lame one. The Jenn and I went downstairs to watch scary movies at our neighbour's place and I fell asleep around 2am, meaning that I missed Aliens. However, because I fell asleep surrounded by people I know and then stumbled half-asleep back to my room, I had no post-scary-movie sleeplessness. And they didn't freeze my bra.

Today was my family's birthday party for my niece and grandfather. I got Emma a Beanie Baby (remember those and how collecting them was like crack for some people?) that was totally cute and she liked it until she opened the Barbie convertible from my parents and then suddenly i\I felt like my gift was totally lame. But hey, what can beat a Barbie convertible?!

Aaaand, I just submitted my first law school application. Holy crap. And I paid the $80 application fee so I guess I'm committed to going to law school. For the record though, if they're going to charge you that much to apply, the least they could do is write the application for you. Seriously.

Anyway, now you can't say that I never update. Bye folks.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad i missed the party, and i'm sure Emma will love the beanie longer than the barbie convertable, so you can salvage some happiness out of that =P

Anonymous said...

I agree, they should write your application for you...

You know, now that you are committed to law school, you should apply to all those much-touted ivy league schools. With your stellar marks, you could get in. Really, if Reese Witherspoon can do it, going to Harvard Law should be a breeze, right?

SassyTortuga said...

Oh, I'm sure I will apply, Matthew - eventually. For now I'm focusing on the things that are already on my plate.

Also, there are clear difficulties in getting an American law degree and then attepting to work in the Canadian legal system...

SassyTortuga said...

Also: I tried to post on your blog yesterday but it hates me. Wouldn't let me type anything. Sad.

Me said...

Freeze your bra, what the hell?!

SassyTortuga said...

You've never heard of that?! Might just be a North American thing...when preteen girls have sleepovers, it's customary to stick the bra of the first one asleep in the freezer overnight. preferably after soaking it in water. Good times!

Anonymous said...

I'm from here, and i had never heard of it till i met you.

Must be estrogen related knowledge

Joshua Prowse said...

froze your bra!?!

Anonymous said...

My space wouldn't let you leave a comment? I am sorry. That should not happen...

Anyway, I also have never heard of the bra-freezing thing. Now, shaving the first sleeper's eyebrows off, on the other hand...

SassyTortuga said...

Wow. Boys are awful.

Anonymous said...

I suppose the reason that these guys have never heard of bra freezing is due to their lack of bras...eyebrows...hehehehe

Julie said...

remember when we put it in water before putting it in the freezer? ohhhh we were pro.
:)