Thursday, December 07, 2006

Happy Days

The law apps are done, the job search ended before it really had even begun, and the decorations are adorning the apartment. Sadly, I do NOT have all my shopping done. And I really don't enjoy shopping in general. BUT - our Solstice party is coming up next week! Life is good. I'm getting into the spirit with some Trans-Siberian Orchestra and of course, the best contemporary cover of a Christmas song ever, "The First Noel" by the Crash Test Dummies.

I got caught wearing very impractical fabric shoes and a spring jacket on insta-winter Monday (what?! It was balmy when I left the house!) so I've broken out the cold-weather clothing. I hate wearing sleeves, but my winter coat is all fuzzy and just feels SO POSH that it kinda makes up for it.

The rain came and took away the wicked-awesome icicles that were forming outside our windows, but there's still the rest of the winter for them to come back. I took some superbly amateur photos of them pre-meltage, and once I get around to loading all my pictures onto the computer I'll be sure to post some of them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monday was the suck I had a 4 hour drive home from burnside to cole harbour. However I beefed up my winterization on my car and it is now a tank.

SassyTortuga said...

As long as it happened within our lifetime, it's quasi-contemporary. Don't make me feel old, you jerk.

Julie said...

it is not christmas until that song is heard. i also recommend some bob and doug mackenzie. christmas nationalism at its best!!
<3

Anonymous said...

Alex is very popular, this is a post

Adam

Anonymous said...

Yay for crazy storms to herald the beginning of the season!

I recommend watching Il Mare (The Korean version, with subtitles), since it takes place at Christmastime. It has a fantastic a capella version of Deck The Halls. You can never go wrong with SheDaisy's Hark! either.

Have a super Solstice party! 'Wish I could be there!

Anonymous said...

I miss the bithcin' icicles! The snow was beautiful and I enjoyed walking home in it...also, the snow cancelled my psyc exam until the next day so yay! I can't wait for the party!!!

Me said...

Will be nice to see the photo's.