Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Corner$tore: the ultimate tourist destination

There's an annual conference that is held on campus every summer. The participants do lots of leadership-y things, madiatiation, and, allegedly, have kinky group sex...although I don't buy that one for a second. Adam blames it on my inherent trust of hippies. I say boo-erns to him. I did housekeeping for them a couple years ago...no signs of group sex. But whatever. They're nice people and I've been giving directions on what's worth seeing in the city, which makes me feel quasi-important. Plus we're getting rid of a bunch of Metro Transit maps that would otherwise just sit in the store until they became obselete and we threw them away. So yay for that.

In other news, it's been remarked that my postings are always indicated as having been posted abnormally early in the morning. Let me state for the record that I am not in the habit of getting out of bed before 6:30 unless travel (preferably international) is involved, and under no circumstances am I fully functioning before 8am.

Anybody know of any good movies to watch? I'm waiting for War of the Worlds to come out on the 29th, not because I'm a huge fan of Tom Cruise or anything but because I used to watch the fantastically cheap, tacky tv show when i was a kid, and although the movie's unlikely to have any similarities to the show I'm still dying to see it. Same with Bewitched. I'm willing to sit through a Will Ferrell movie just because of the way that the name hearkens back to my childhood.
I watched Spirited Away last night which was fab because I've wanted to see it ever since it came out at Empire and I was working day shifts with Josh and we wanted to go sit in the theatre and watch it but the manager was constantly lurking around and we were 2 of the only 3 ushers on the floor so we couldn't. Ahh, good times.

1 comment:

SassyTortuga said...

It sure was a tv show, and a cheap campy one with bad special effects at that.

I'd definitely like to borrow the original (yes, I have a cassette player!), in fact I think I remember your grandmother once trying to convince us to listen to it ("and you can listen to it in the dark! like a date!") How is she lately, anyway?