Thursday, June 09, 2005

Welcome to eternity, Baby

Another slow day at Yea Olde Cornerstore...the kind of day that makes you look around and wonder what you're going to snack on next, until suddenly you have a stomachache and you're 8 feet wide. Or at least I would be if I ate normal food like mormal people do.

At any rate, it's better than what I did yesterday...I took care of my neighbour's elderly mother while he went to court to try and win some respect for the disabled. So I was glad to help him out, and his mother's a nice lady with a great sense of humour, but the poor thing can't remember what you told her 5 minutes earlier so she asked me 387 times where her son was...I soon resorted to "I don't know, he'll be back at suppertime" and left it at that. So 10 hours of this. Then during the last hour she convinced herself that her son was gone for good and that everybody was going to leave her alone in the house so she kept repeating "I'm scared. Are you scared? I'm scared."

You know what scares me? The idea of getting old and not being in control of, or even aware of, what's going on in my own life. And the fact that I'm likely to get like that, because the women in my family tend to live for a long time and get senile. Which means I'm fucked.

Know what else scares me? Creepy stalker guys. And apparently I have one. A few weeks ago I was on the bus home from the farmer's market and I ran into somebody that I know so I talked to hime for a while. Anyway, the next week some random dude started talking to me...apparently he had listened to my previous conversation and remembered everything that I had said. He seemed starved for friendship so I had some polite (but guarded) conversation with him...and now he seems to be on the same bus as me every Saturday, no matter what time I head home. And then last night he was at the bus terminal when I was on my way into the city. So he decided to ask me out for coffee (Dude! you're like 35 and not in a good way!) but fortunately he kind of left me alone when I declined. But then when I got off the bus he yelled "Oh, tell your mother theat she's lovely!" *Shudder* how the fuck foes he know my mother? He must be a patient at her office or something...Mom has my picture posted up by her desk at work so that she can brag about me when people comment on it. But now I might beg her to take it down...dude that's just CREEPY.

No comments: