Monday, July 04, 2005

heat exhaustion

Or maybe just regular old exhaustion. Summer has begun, kicked off with a triple-BBQ weekend.

Friday Chris and I headed to DeWolf park to do some Canada Day volunteeryness for Shinerama (University fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis). It was rainy and crappy and we waited around for 1 1/2 hours until we figured the other people who were supposed to meet us there were DEFINITELY not coming. they then proceeded to call us at 1pm (when we would have been DONE) to inform us that our event was cancelled. Hmm. So then we did the barbecue thing at his house.

Saturday I had my barbecue/tie-dye party/backyard shindig. It was really relaxing despite the constant digs at vegetarians made by certain individuals present, and there was tie-dying and Scattergories (oh God i'm such a DORK!!!) and a bunch of people sitting around shooting the shit and it was a good day.

Today I went to Clam Harbour with Yin and a bunch of his friends for a barbecue on the beach (I love the beach) and I played soccer with the boys. Eventually I accidentally fell asleep (we were there for about 6 hours, okay?) so I got back too late to go to Chris's sermon and I feel really shitty about that because I said I would go.

It is now 10:45 pm and I'm sitting in my bedroom with tan lines on my back and Dar Williams in my computer speakers and whole-wheat spaghetti in my belly, and I'm pretty content. Going to bed soon, because I was going to study for the LSATS but my brain can't handle it right now. Looking at law schools abroad, and I don't think the LSATS even count for anything outside of North America so I could be wasting my time. But I suppose I could surprise myself and end up happily studying on my own continent. End of tangent. Good night.

No comments: