Friday, August 19, 2005

It's not the heat, it's the monotony

I've been reading abouta book a day for the past few days. I'm almost ready for school to start, just to break the monotony. Almost. The catch is that once school starts I shall once again become a slave to my own keenerness. And that's just a little stressful.

Anyway, yesterday I learned how to make a calendula salve, becuase we got a workshop on healing herbs for the Urban garden Mentors program. And I gave it to my brother because he's having a reaction to some medication he was taking and just completely broke into hives. It's a pretty shitty deal for him.

So I was all happy that I made a salve and it smelled nice and I got some zicchinis from our UGM garden so I went over to Adam's (taking advantage of my free time while I still have it) and made Mexican-y zucchini wraps because I'm one of those hopeless nurturing types and I like to make sure that he gets at least one nutritious meal a day...

Then at the bus stop to go home I saw a little cat trying to cross the road. It tried once, hesitated on the centre line, went back to the side of the road and started running off, and I thought ok good, it'll be safe. But then it tried again...and didn't make it. I saw the cat, saw the car, saw what was going to happen, hoped like hell that I was wrong...and then heard that unmistakeable "thud." Adam covered my ears and hid my face. I had to go and see if it was maybe still alive, but it was nowhere to be seen so I have to assume thatit wasn't. I thought about K.C. and about my cat Nigel who was hit by a car when I was a kid, and I wanted to cry. I thought about it all the way home on the bus and by the time I got to Sackville I thought I was going to be sick. Poor kitty.

1 comment:

Wher4RtThou said...

*CRIES* KITTY!!!!!!! :(
That is exactly why I will not let my cats go outside without being on a leash. So sad!