Thursday, August 04, 2005

long-awaited update

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't August supposed to be all laid-back and stuff? Because here I'm looking around and thinking HOLY SHIT I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO and it's bothering me. Bah!

Ah well, I got to Mahone Bay last weekend to do some sailing and take trips to the beach and spend time with my cousin from Calgary so it works out. Now I'm back in the Cornerstore with the incompetent suppliers and the humidity and oh God, help me find the strength to resist that jar of frosting.

So on the to-do list: write those 3 articles for the Mount paper, get my shit together for CPSSA, get my driver's licence and sequester myself in my bedroom until I'm ready for the LSATs. And work and eat and occasionally sleep and maybe even catch a few episodes of the Daily Show or even (gasp!) have a social life. It's not gonna happen. I'd have to be superwoman. And I'm not. I'm just Cornerstoregirl. My superpowers include keeping my temper when Scotsburn messes up our order every week, running with world using nothing but my wits and a cell phone, getting free drinks at bars for doing absolutely nothing and riding the bus 4 times a day withoug going mad. Most excellent skills, to be sure, but sleep is definitely beyond my capabilities.

No comments: