Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Listening to Kenney's music

It's another hot one in the C-Store, and I'm eatinh a whole-wheat multi-grain bagel and listening to the CDs that the Students' Union general manager left here. Kenney's one of those really interesting people to talk to...you know the type. he has something like 4 degrees and one of them is in Shakespeare or something like that, and he was involved in the Toronto theatre scene and he writes plays and walks around singing along with the singing/dancing Shakira inside his head. So I'm listening to some CD called "God Made Me Funky." The best way I can describe it is disco hip-hop. It's kind of fun.

So on Saturday I went to a BEAUTIFUL wedding at the Acadia University Botanical Gardens and then woke up around noon on Sunday morning with a vicious headache, most likely a combination of too much sun and too much wine. But somehow, JennJenn convinced me to go to the beach and what do you know, my headache went away. We did a little swimming and mostly sat on the beach tanning (I know, I'm SUCH a girl) and eating lots of junk food. Well, tortillas and salsa and peanuts and crackers and Nibs and carbonated fruit juice on my part. But that counts because the people around me were eating REAL junk food. Then we went to the Buskers and instead of actually watching any buskers we shopped for jewelry at the random Buskerfest vendors and ate cotton candy and sat around the Grand Parade looking at the trees and stars.

Such weekends make for rough Mondays. Even more so when you have to put a convenience store BACK TOGETHER after other people have been painting it. So I was cranky. Tired and cranky and hot and Monday-ish. But then Adam came to see me because that's what awesome boyfriends do. We had planned an LSATs-and-Buskerfest date but it turned into a nap-and-LSATs date because we were both exhausted and he wouldn't let me get out of studying. At least one of us is responsible.

Anyway I now need to recruit for my mid-week pub crawl. My cousin Nick from Calgary leaves on Thursday and is staying at our house on Wednesday night so I've been charged with the responsibility of making sure he has a fun night downtown. Unfortunately everybody has to work and shit so it's not turning out to be a big group. But, here's hoping that it'll work out...

No comments: