Thursday, February 16, 2006

Guilty pleasure: eavesdropping on strangers' conversations in public

A dude on the bus with a guitar case and afro: "The room where we rehearse is so, like, Gestapo."

Anyway forgive me for being crude, but this week has been assraping me sideways. Jonathan couldn't work his Wednesday morning shift that I traded him for Tuesday nights, so the last three days have gone something like this:

Tuesday:
-work 7:45am - 2:00pm, work on take-home midterm for tomorrow
-class 3-4:40
-work 5-9:15, work on take-home midterm
-10-midnight, finish take-home midterm

Wednesday:
-work 7:45am - 10:30am
-class 11am - prof acts us to actually think and discuss in groups. Philosophy. Nobody's actually read the chapter because we were doing the midterm.
-12:30 - 4pm nap at Adam's. Sleep through Spanish class.
-5-7pm Tri-mentoring

Today:
-work 7:45-noon. Try to accomplish the 300-some pages of reading for today's midterm.
-noon-3 more reading.
-3-4:30 skip class for last-ditch study group
-4:30-7 midterm - it involves a bunch of case studies i didn't read. Fortunately she has a photocopy of them and I just have to read it really really fast.

Spring break is upon us at last. Which means more work and less socializing. But I get to sleep in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Schade, you are busy!

I hope your break is productive, and not too sress-filled. It is cliché, I know, but I think that there will be a happy ending (A.K.A. graduating with flying colours).

I have to learn French by the end of mine, as well as do up some papers, study for two exams, prepare for a simulation, and other such academic frivolities. There is an internship for which I have an application package to assemble as well.

Ah, nothing like a school vacation.

SassyTortuga said...

Haha sounds like fun...what internship are you apolying for? I'm applying for one at Parliament and one with the Ontario Legislature...should be interesting. But the deadline is fast approaching.