Sunday, December 18, 2005

So far, no Fox News...

...but left-wing news is always welcome. Hipster in Training is way ahead of the game with the article on how polar bears are drowning because of climate change so thanks for that!

Well after a looong bus ride I got to sleep in this morning for a good long time and then go shopping for fun hippie food. Clif and Luna bars are deliciously cheap here, and I found soy chorizo sausage and vegan hemp brownie mix (any more hippie and it'd be illegal). Then my great aunt and uncle came over and reminisced for a few hours and talked politics a bit - mostly bashing Hilary Clinton so I easily exempted myself from the conversation by appealing to my Canadian-ness.

My grandfather spent about an hour tonight telling me stories from his time in the army, which is intersting because he never used to talk about it much - to anybody, apparently - but the stories are coming more and more often these days. Maybe his health scare earlier this year made him decide to tell his stories while he still can.

Anyway, it's off to bed with me...I'm going shopping at 11 tomorrow.

No comments: