Monday, May 22, 2006

Domestic Goddessosity

It's housework day, and this place has needed it. I have six loads of laundry on the go (relax, I don't have that many clothes...there's bedding and gads of towels in there), a sin full of dishes and crackers in the oven. Yes, homemade crackers! The feminist in me (ooh, she used the f-word) is sobbing hysterically.

I just got it into my head that while I'm spring cleaning, I may as well use up some of the flour, seeds, legumes and assorted hippiness that have been clogging up my cupboards since before I left Sackville in October. So I started by cleaning out the fridge - not nearly as gross as one might expect. After all, the roomie and I do like to eat. Interesting trivia, though: after sitting in an open can in the fridge for a month, Orangina turns to jello. Ditto for fiesta vegetable soup after 2 weeks or so.

I made olivada and oatmeal bread, two recipes from the lovely Garden of Vegan, and I've been snacking on them all afternoon. I'll soon be off to make some iced tea. Somebody save me from myself!

Anyway - end of boring, self-absorbed post. I hate those and am now filled with self-loathing for making anybody read this. Well, not real self-loathing. Just the hyperbolic kind, the kind you have when you don't really have it but you want to say something impressive.

Out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Con-graduation! Hear you had a very successful grad day. I thought of you while I was sitting in a pub in Edinburgh eating some veggie Haggis. It was very good. I wish I had the recipe. Apparently, its made from oatmeal.

Anonymous said...

This post pertains to the fact that i've been informed that volume of posts on this blog > quality of posts on this blog

SassyTortuga said...

Thank you both for thinking of me - and thank you Angie for the pun. I hear you had an amazing trip - I'm so jealous! I'm pretty sure I've seen veggie haggis recipes on the Interweb, and if you look hard enough (as in, at the Grainary) you can find Scottish-style oatmeal in Halifax. I also have a funny story about one of my friends buying a can of it, only to have it stolen by someone in his dorm. Who knew vegetarian sheep stomach was so popular?