Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Update

They gave our apartment to somebody else. Wankers. Ah well, we've just decided to be dangerous and throw our cares to the wind - we're giving our notice to move out on June 30, and working our asses off to find a place before then. Worst comes to worst, we can always store our stuff and either move back in with my parents for July (they're be so releived) or into Adam's place, where they have an extra bedroom. Only stipulation is, apparently his roomate says I have to defeat the Weapons in FFVII before he'll deem me cool enough to reside in their apartment for a month. He hasn't really respected me since finding out that I was a fan of the OC...

Anyway, I've been making lots of scrumptious things with green stuff, including breaded tofu nuggests with baby spinach salad and cumin-lime vinaigrette; fiddleheads and chickpeas with Greek seasonings (lemon, garlic and oregano) on brown rice; and baby bok choi stir-fry with a ginger-sesame sauce. No photos yet, because I've been both busy and lazy. I also made a delicious but very unattractive eggplant curry (one of my favorite recipes), and buckwheat pancakes to try and use up some of the random flours I have hanging around. Buckwheat pancakes are about the yummiest and heartiest breakfast you can have, and they're great with bananas, or blueberries, or both.

Now, I ask you: why do people think that vegans have boring diets, when no other group of people seems to get nearly as excited about the food they eat?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Vegans!!! I'm one myself!!!

Anonymous said...

I am sure you can ace the FFVII thing. Just don't get too attached to Aerith...

Anonymous said...

It still annoys me that you can bring Aerith back in the japanese version and not in the North American version.

SassyTortuga said...

You CAN?! And I spent so much time trying to deal with her death, when all I really had to do was go to Japan and buy a different version?

Hey apparently Mark has that movie. Can you say borrowing?

Anonymous said...

Yeah if you go back to the chapel with Aerith's garden near the end her ghost is there, in the japanese version it actually tells you how to bring her back, they just decided that the american version didn't need it I guess =\.

I'll get you the japanese version, but you'll have to learn to read Japanese =P