Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Have you hugged a tree today?

Having lapsed in my environmental activism while I was busy with school and Women in House,I was really excited yesterday to get back into it. I went to my first EAC meeting in months, and registered for the Sierra Club Atlantic Canada conference and AGM (now to convince my boss to give me the Friday afternoon off, even though I'm the only staff on for the summer), and I'm going to be helping to organize a Sierra Club nature outing for early August. Anybody interested in coming on that, let me know.

After I got home, Adam and I went for a walk to escape the oppressive heat in my apartment. I'm comfortable when everybody else is dying of the humidity, so if I'm uncomfortable then you know it's REALLY sticky and gross. There's a chance of thundershowers tonight, so hopefully that will break up some of the humidity...even though this summer's rain is already affecting harvests and driving up the price of Nova Scotia produce, which is no good.

Anyway, I should get back to work. I'll post later about the fabulous carob brownies I made on Sunday, the sassy new glasses I'm getting this week, the progress of my cleansing routine and various other hipster-related issues.

3 comments:

Wher4RtThou said...

I can't wait to see your sassy new glasses!! lots of fun

Anonymous said...

The carab brownies were too good to be legal...it's great having a foodie room mate!

SassyTortuga said...

carob is a bean that tastes similar to chocolate, only nuttier and with a slight suggestion of mocha. It's very good, and also caffeine-free (sorry btff). And it makes good brownies.