Sunday, July 02, 2006

Ahhhh

(Please excuse the horrendous coloring...I tried to change some things and realized too late that I have no idea what I'm doing. I need Tainee - immediately!)

Finally moved in, finally settled, finally getting on with my life.

Today I'm taking a personal day, which is boring for anyone other than the person taking it.

Anyway my Mom got me this fun cookbook at Winners: The Artful Vegan and it's daunting but I can't wait to try it. Expect hard-to-pronounce dishes like huitlacoche-polenta roulades with chocolate mole and carrot-habanero sauce. Yes, that's huitlacoche of Steve, don't eat it!, volume 7 fame. Any volunteers to be my guinea pig? But seriously, there are some yummy-looking recipes, from seitan satay skewers to hard apple cider sorbet. Mmmmm.

Also, if you'll recall the ever-wise quizzy website telling me that Andy Warhol should paint my picture...well, I'm happy to say that he obliged. Sort of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are all arranged in your new place, and embarking on a new era of nifty-cookbook-induced exotic food-eating. Have fun!

P.S.: For me to leave comments, since I am not a site member, I always have to do one of those word-verification thingies to prove that I am not a robot. Anyway, today's stream of letters is "ugaru", which I think sounds neat. Try it! U-gár-ru!