Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Out of Balance

Well, moving weekend is over and things should theoretically be getting back to normal soonish.

This, however, has been and will continue to be the week from Hades: after moving on Saturday, I came back to work on Monday and logged 13 hours, leaving at midnight (they wanted me to stay until 3) and coming in again at 9am to open. I spent a day and a half at work rushing the inventory and putting everything else aside to get it done, only to discover that the auditors don't even need it today. We're signing the lease tonight and cleaning the old place tomorrow night...I've barely had a minute to myself all week, let alone a good night's sleep. We didn't have real food until I went and bought groceries yesterday after work, so I've been eating whatever was available - including a lot of packaged food from work, which obviously is total junk. Now I'm getting sick and everything that could possibly go wrong at the C-Store, has. Everyone is on edge around here and it's adding yet more stress. I'm thinking I'll take a sick day tomorrow. There's nobody else on staff to work, but as the cleaner Tony reminded me just a few minutes ago, they don't pay me enough to worry about that.

So enough bitching. I'm finally getting back on that detox thing, and by now I have plenty to detoxify. I know that plenty of people live in similar styles all the time and still manage to function, but I think that by actually taking care of myself most of the time I've gotten used to being all healthy and balanced. So when I occasionally hit times like this, my body's like "what the fuck are you doing to me, woman?!"

No comments: