Friday, June 23, 2006

I am cranky.

I am cranky. It's been a while since I've been able to just sit back and relax on my own, and it will be at least 4 more days before I can do so. This is my second long day at eh CStore in two days and I've been (unsuccessfully) attempting all day to get some change. The move is stressing Jenn out, and being around stressed-out people stresses me out. I have to run all over the place right after work and be in to sign the lease tonight, then do dishes and finish packing so that we can go through all the moving brouhaha tomorrow. And there's a bucket of chicken wings polluting my fridge.

In a situatin like this, my habitual response is to eat prodigious amounts of chocolate. Today, however, I really don't even feel like having any chocolate. Either this detox thing is working its magic already (unlikely) or I've been kidnapped and replaced by a changeling.

I will let nothing stand in the way of me getting a good night's sleep tonight, because tomorrow night is a birthday/going-away party pub crawl with a few of my favorite Sackvillians and I plan to partake wholeheartedly...at least, until about 2:30am. And without all the drinkingness. Because my little sister's birthday party is the next day at 1:30 and I can't face a gaggle of four-year-olds while nursing a hangover.

Ok I just had some chocolate. Just a little bit! I figure, this is my warm-up week and next week I'll be getting dangerous. And I found a gluten-free buddy: Adam is going to brave the dietary weirdness with me. Awwwww.

And now, this cranky hipster is getting back to what she gets paid to do: sit around the C-Store looking bored and doing the crossword in the newspaper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alex, you've been kidnapped and replaced by a changeling!?

When my parents told me Halifax had changed in a year, I had no idea they meant that...


P.S.: Yes, it was that party at Tribeca that got me stuck on Griffon. I blame Bruno more than you, though. ;-)