Friday, August 18, 2006

The difference between a duck

Well as most of you have already heard, I now have employment of the gainful sort, and after all the cover letters and stupid boring job-hunting crap I've done, all I needed to do in the end was to have friends who are willing to pass along my resume to the right people and give me glowing recommendations.

So that frees up a lot of time in my life, for LSAT prep and hugging trees and spending time with people and reading the summer issue of The Walrus, which after much ado finally arrived in my mailbox yesterday. I went on a Sierra Club excursion to Long Lake Park yesterday and forgot to bring swimming gear, but that's okay because one person brought an adorable dog and a few of us stayed on the shore and played fetch with him. I miss my dogs.

I wish I had something witty and awesome to say but my life is quite vanilla at the moment and I'm happy to have it that way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ew. I was unconscious when they did mine.

Anonymous said...

It's not horrible. The ice cream sort of camoflages the ghastly taste of the Boost...and at least you get some vitamins and stuff. keep in mind that I had a rough time healing and Boost was my only chance of survival...

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to be knocked out when they did mine as well, i'm rather surprised they didn't give you the option. My mother has some interesting stories of how high i was when i first woke up though.

And the dog at long lake was Adorable, he had an awesome red spot right in the center of his head.