Thursday, August 03, 2006

Yeah I've done this before...but I was tagged!

omg nerdiness, fun, LOVE!

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
6. Tag three people.

"Yet no one in charge seemed to see this as a failure. Or more precisely, no one in charge and none of the supporting ideologues were able to see this as a failure of the Globalist theory - a theory that had growing power for two decades. That is, twice the length of Napoleon's reign, four times that of a world war."

-John Ralston Saul, The Collapse of Globalism
(my "light summer reading")

I tag:
Jenn
Lisa
Matthew
(Mark is going away to San Francisco for a while. Bye, Mark!)

4 comments:

Wher4RtThou said...

That's fun!! Ok, been tagged.. see blog for results.

Anonymous said...

Turns out mine is too, its a book documenting the final years of the Roman Empire.

Anonymous said...

Yay, thanks for tagging me, Alex! Naturally, I have the results posted at my blog, but here they are for redundancy's sake:

"Rather than using a person's group membership as a basis for classification, halo effects occur when people generalize about a variety of attributes based on their knowledge of one attribute of an individual. A smiling person is judged to be more honest than a frowning or scowling person, even though there is no consistent relationship between smiling and honesty. Halo effects may be positive or negative."
~ Essentials Of Negotiation, Third Edition by Roy J. Lewicki, David M. Saunders, Bruce Barry, and John W. Minton, Chapter 5: "Perception And Negotiation".

Me said...

I don't read books that have 123 pages. Playboy only has about 30?

Geez, do I feel akward.