Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Bad poli-sci nerd that I am, I missed yet another leaders' debate last night, but I'm not lamenting that loss as apparently it was just another occasion for the leaders to attack each other - although this time the victim was Stephen Harper, whose party is now leading in the polls.

And to my credit, I did spend the evening teaching Jenn about the parties and candidates so that she can make a more informed choice. So in that sense I am a good little poli-sci nerd. ANYWAY, a friend sent her a link to this blog which, although I'm sure the real Rick Mercer would have enough star power to convince the CBC to give him his own domain or at least part of theirs rather than making him settle for a silly little Blogger account, contains the kind of quirky, cynical, Canadianesque kind of humour that we all know and love. And a description of Stephen Harper's dream Cabinet.

So Adam took me out for dinner at Opa last Thursday and then to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. The Chronicles of Narnia were such a memorable part of my childhood that it was wonderful to see that the creators did the book justice. No humans in beaver suits here, as in the old BBC version of yore.

There was, however, a small problem with watching that movie with my lovah rather than my girlfriends. Let me put it this way...had I been sitting in my living room, watching the movie with Jenn, one of my first comments would have been, "wow, put 5 more years on Edmund, eh?" and then I probably would have howled. Though currently only 14, Skandar Keynes is a definite hottie-in-the-making. Other feature hotties: James McAvoy as Mr Tumnus and the baby-faced William Moseley as Peter Pevensie. But of course the Boy doesn't want to hear about that so I had to wait until I got home to talk about it with Jenn.

I really hope they make more of the books into movies...I'm dying to see Prince CCaspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader as movies.

In other Things That Make Me Smile, Julie was apparently so inspired by our Mupet-watching night last Friday that she went and found a video of Manamana for your viewing pleasure (see sidebar). hey-are those subtitles in Russion?

Rock the Vote NS (that last bit so that they don't get sued fro copyright infringement or something) is tomorrow and I've been asked to greet the candidates or other such fanciness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am skandars biggest fan!!!
he is a total hottie